Sabado, Marso 17, 2012

Variation on a Theme Park

My Mickey Mouse ears are nothing like sonar. Colorado is far
less rusty than Walt's lyric riddles. If sorrow is wintergreen,
well then Walt's breakdancers are dunderheads. If hoecakes are
Wonder Bras, blond Wonder Bras grow on Walt's horny toad. I
have seen roadkill damaged, riddled and wintergreen, but no
such roadkill see I in Walt's checkbook. And in some purchases
there is more deliberation than in the bargains that my Mickey
Mouse redeems. I love to herd Walt's sheep, yet well I know
that muskrats have a far more platonic sonogram. I grant I
never saw a googolplex groan. My Mickey Mouse, when Walt
waddles, trips on garbanzos. And yet, by halogen-light, I think
my loneliness as reckless as any souvenir bought with free
coupons.

by Harryette Mullen

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento